Weddings in Banff
Are you thinking about tying the knot at the foot of swaying pines and rugged, fairy-tale like mountains? If so, look no further than Banff, Lake Louise, and Canmore, where weddings take on a magical quality just by virtue of their surroundings.
We will also provide you with some recommendations for photographers, florists, cake makers, and DJs. As we have gotten married in Banff and Canmore and had fantastic weddings, we hope you will benefit from our having gone before you and tested everything out! Naturally, while you can also arrange for photographers, florists, cake makers, and DJs in Calgary, all of whom will be only too happy to oblige you, we have limited our suggestions to the local talent in Banff and Canmore.
To help you realize your Banff wedding dreams, here is the Insider's Wedding Checklist for weddings in Banff (and Canmore), along with links to the pages on our site where you can get more specific information and suggestions on each topic:
BANFF INSIDER'S WEDDING CHECKLIST
1. Marriage License. First things first: in order to get married in Alberta you need a marriage license issued by the Province.
Click here for info on Alberta marriage license requirements and where to get one.
2. Church or Wedding Commissioner. Next, you will need someone to marry you - either a priest/minister/etc. or using a marriage commissioner. Our Church and Wedding Commissioner page has a listing of churches by denomination and info on wedding commissioners in the area. We also have some advice on appropriate fees and honorariums, since nothing in life is free.
3. Reception Venue. Probably most importantly from the perspective of most people is choosing the place to hold your reception. Banff and Canmore have no shortage of suitable reception venues, with numerous hotels including storied hotels like the Fairmont Banff Springs and the Chateau Lake Louise, as well as many other halls and areas perfect for your wedding reception. Our reception venues page will help you get started.
4. Photographers. In order to make sure you will remember more about your wedding than your obnoxious uncle/aunt/father-in-law's [insert relative's name here] drunken toast, make sure you pick a first rate photographer. Check out our list of Banff photographers page here.
5. Florists. Ever heard of a bride without a bouquet? Sure, it could happen, but why would you allow it to when you have these fabulous Banff florists to choose from.
6. Wedding Cakes/Banff Cake Shops. No wedding is complete without the cutting of the cake, and these Banff cake makers can make it taste SOOOO good too.
7. DJs. Dance the night away with these local Banff DJs.
8. Banff Wedding Transportation. From car rentals to limousines to taxis ...
9. Something Special. Horse drawn carriages, heli-weddings ... if you can dream it, Banff can provide it. Take a look at these wedding specialties.
Planning a Banff Wedding or Did You Have Your Wedding Here?
Ask your questions or share your experiences here!
Return from Weddings in Banff to Banff Insider